1 John identifies six types of Christian lies.
1. People claiming to have fellowship with Jesus but walking in darkness -: 1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
2. People who claim they haven’t sinned because they’ve redefined sin according to culture’s standards, calling God a liar -: 1 John 1:10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.
3. People who claim to know Jesus but don’t obey Him -: 1 John 2:4 The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
4. People who claim to walk in light while hating their brothers -: 1 John 2:9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.
5. People who say they love God but really love the world -: 1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
6. People who deny Jesus is the Christ, i.e. the Messiah, God Incarnate -: 1 John 2:22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.
May we stand firm against these lies.
Leave A Comment